Cambodian Children’s Trust (CCT) is a non-profit child protection organisation based in Battambang, Cambodia working to make orphanages redundant and prevent children from separating from their families.
Our community-led model adopts a holistic approach and places families in the driving seat, empowering them to meet the
challenges in their lives and raise their children well.
What does this look like in practice?
- We mobilse community child protection networks who identify vulnerable families within their village and facilitate tailored interventions.
- We build support networks around vulnerable families who help to ensure the ongoing safety and well-being of children.
- We bring vital support services into communities to support and strengthen families, which means that children are not separated from their families to access nutrition, health care and education.
The services include:
- enrolling children in public school
- satellite community centres where children can access hygiene facilities, nutritious meals, health care, counselling and supplementary education.
- Parenting skills workshops
- Income generation and access to employment
- Financial literacy for families
- Crisis intervention
- Preventative health workshops
- Access to exiting governement support services such as ID poor cards, medical clinics, maternal health, school scholarships