Protect vulnerable children in Phum Ang Village
Donate now to protect vulnerable children ↓
It takes a village
The Village Hive model has been developed over 12 years by Cambodian Children’s Trust to prevent kids from ending up in situations like orphanages or on the street.
- Upstream – early intervention before harm occurs
- Community-led – communities know how best to protect children in their village
- Family-centred – put families in the drivers seat
- Network-powered – surrounds vulnerable children with support networks
- Evidence-based – 60 years of international research on early childhood development
11-year-old Chomnor was working on the street before he was placed in an orphanage.
Last year, we helped Chomnor leave the orphanage and reunite him with his aunt, uncle and six cousins.
The power of networks
Each vulnerable child identified by the Village Hive is surrounded by support networks.
- Family network – relatives and other supportive adults
- Community network – community members and social workers
- Services network – access to vital services
Vital Services Prevent Separation
Instead of kids ending up in orphanages to access their basic needs, we can bring these services to the children and their families through a Village Hive.
CCT’s Cambodian social workers mobilise family networks.
- home visitis
- 24/7 crisis intervention
- empowerment plans with families
- facilitate access to vital services
Access to healthcare services prevents separation and keeps families strong.
- emergency services
- nutrition program
- preventative health workshops
- hygiene facilities
- access to hospitals and speciality health services
Finance and income generation services
We take families from a place of vulnerability to empowerment.
- financial literacy
- family budgeting workshops
- income generation iniatives
- employment assistance
Education support services
Ensuring children can access public school education is vital to prevent them from ending up in orphanages.
- school enrollment assistance
- back-to-school packs
- school pick-up/drop off
- homework tuition
- life skills classes
- student leadership clubs
Community foster care services
In cases in which children can’t live with family children are placed with a foster family in their home community.
- only used after all other options exhuasted
- families chosen to preserve exhisting relationships in child’s life
Home construction, renovation & rental support services
Our construction team partner with families to ensure they have safe housing.
- roof over families heads
- doors that lock
- connected electricity and water
- a functioning bathroom
LONG TERM SUSTAINABILITY
$35,500 USD goes a long way in Cambodia
Set up and power a Village Hive for a whole year become a regular monthly giver to provide consistent support to families or make a one off donation!
Finance and income generation
Community Satellite Centres
Construction & home repairs
Community foster care
ABN: 83 158 383 558